A hernia is a health condition where a gap develops in the abdominal wall’s muscles and tissues, causing the intestines, bladder, stomach, and other inner organs to protrude out.The two main types of hernias include external and internal hernias. Out of the two, an internal herniais not apparently visible outside and can be life-threatening.This is the reason why repairing large and complex hernias require surgical expertise. Therefore, Dr. Sandeep Sabnis, the best hernia surgeon in Nashik, and his team of experienced doctors perform all types of laparoscopic hernia surgeries.
External hernias are more common than internal ones, and laparoscopic hernia surgeon in Nashik can easily treat the following complicated types:
• Femoral Hernia: It occurs in the groin and is more common in females as compared to males.
• Inguinal Hernia: This is commonly seen as an inflammation in the groin, becoming apparent on standing but reducing while lying down. It is quite common in both males and females.
• Umbilical Hernia: This hernia of the belly button is quite common in females, occurring after pregnancy.It is the reason why most post-partum women have disfigurement of their navel region.
• Incisional Hernia: It is a type of external hernia that develops after abdominal surgery, with the location depending on the kind of incision done for the primary surgery.
• Lumbar Hernia: A hernia of the patient’s abdomen’s outer side occurs, especially after an open-kidney surgery.
• Epigastric Hernia: This is a type that occurs in the mid-upper section of the abdomen. Despite being small, it can cause excruciating pain in some individuals.
• Spigelian Hernia: This hernia protrudes out through a possible weak spot in the abdominal cavity and is not commonly seen.
• Hiatal Hernia: It is a condition when the stomach bulges up towards the chest cavity through an opening in the diaphragm. Heartburn and reflux are the symptoms commonly associated with this type of hernia.
If any of the following symptoms are bothering you, make sure to talk to a hernia doctor in Nashik:
• Backache due to bad posture
• A continuous pulling sensation in the abdomen
• Swelling in the abdominal wall or groin that becomes more apparent on coughing, sneezing, prolonged standing, or during a good laugh
• Dull aching pain or pinching in the swelling
Even though somehernias have no symptoms, there is a risk that the internal part of the hernia (typically the intestine)may get blocked. If not appropriately treated in time, it may cause swelling, pain and ultimately lead to a reduced blood supply in the surrounding region.
However, remember that there is no magic pill that will cure hernias overnight! Surgery is the ‘gold standard’ when it comes to treating hernias. In recent times, laparo-endoscopic approaches have alleviated the fear associated with open surgery. In this regard, Dr. Sabnis takes utmost care and provides unbiased treatment options to his patients. As per hundreds of satisfied clients, he is the best laparoscopic hernia surgery specialist in Nashik.
The laparoscopic hernia surgery specialist performs the following operations and focuses on delivering the best service.
• Component separation (Anterior and Posterior)
• IPOM/IPOM plus
• TAPP/TAPP plus
• Open mesh repair
• Single Incision operation
Dr. Sabnis and his team members take care to ensure that all the patients’ concerns are addressed in time. The team consciously focuses on delivering the best services, from handling phone calls to performing complex surgeries. The doctors and surgeons perform the operations under general anaesthesia. The space forlaparoscopic surgery is created with carbon dioxide gas. It is harmless and will not cause any health problems. After space is made, the laparoscope and the other laparoscopic instruments are inserted, with the hernia repaired with a synthetic mesh. The patients can expect a speedy, pain-free post-surgery recovery and are typically sent home on the same day or the next day of surgery.