You may have tried all the possible types of diet and followed several workout routines – but still, you are not losing the extra pounds. If you are among the majority of Indians considered obese, you may need to consult a bariatric surgery doctor.
Dr. Sandeep Sabnis is a reputed bariatric surgeon in Nashik performing the following laparoscopic weight loss surgeries in Nashik:
• Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
• Single Incision Surgery
• Sleeve Gastrectomy
• Mini-gastric Bypass
According to Dr. Sabnis, who is considered the best bariatric surgeon in Nashik, the Roux-en-Y and Sleeve Gastrectomy procedures are good options for severe obesity. So, how do you know which of the above weight loss surgeries are ideal for you? Dr. Sabnis breaks down all the possibilities.
Bariatric surgery is needed if you are obese and your BMI or body mass index satisfies any of the following criteria:
• The BMI ranges between 30 and 35, and your diabetes is uncontrolled.
• It is between 35 and 40, and you also have high blood pressure, fatty liver disease, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, or diabetes.
• It is 40 or higher
However, finding the correct procedure requires a consultation with a bariatric surgeon near you. Dr. Sabnis says that the patient’s medical history, expectations, and conditions are considered first, and then a plan is put forward.Today, the best bariatric surgery doctor in Nashik performs all the procedures with minimally invasive techniques, which means smaller incisions and faster recoveries. Laparoscopic bariatric surgery in Nashik has become so popular because the patients can go home a day after surgery, and they usually recover within a few weeks.
Here, we discuss the most commonly performed bariatric surgery in Nashik in detail.
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
This type of gastric bypass surgery helps shrink your stomach and shed the extra calories and fat that your body absorbs.As explained by Dr. Sabnis, the stomach is disconnected on the top, and then a small pouch is made there. The small intestine loop is brought up and connected to that pouch, thereby rerouting the gastrointestinal tract.When he/she eats food, it passes to the small intestine directly, bypassing 90-95 percent of the stomach.
• It is a more effective procedure than sleeve gastrectomy, as it helps patients lose 10-20 pounds more.
• The rerouting of the GI tract causes some favorable hormonal changes, which increases the chances of improvement of diabetes.
• As far as the cost of bariatric surgery in Nashik is concerned, the Roux-en-Y bypass surgery is the most cost-effective.
• Patients with high BMI
• Those with a severe form of gastroesophageal reflux disease
• People with severe diabetes
Also called the gastric sleeve, this surgical procedure involves operating on the stomach. A bariatric surgeon removes approximately 80-85 percent of it, creating a smaller ‘sleeve-like’ structure.
Benefits of Sleeve Gastronomy
• Dr. Sandeep Sabnis says that this surgical procedure is safer than the gastric bypass technique.
• It has lesser risks of post-operative complications as compared to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
• Patients who have had several abdominal surgeries
• People on multiple drugs and medications prescribed for treating psychiatric illness
• High-risk surgical patients, including those with a severe lung problem, heart disease, and transplant candidates
• Those who are excessively obese and weigh more than 450-500 pounds
Depending on the patient’s condition, the bariatric surgeon may recommend some endoscopic bariatric procedures, including:
• Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (ESG): It is the endoscopic folding of the patient’s stomach to reduce its volume to lessen the food intake.
• Intra-gastric balloon (IGB): This procedure involves the endoscopic placement of a silicone balloon in the patient’s stomach for restricting food intake.
Even though the average cost of this bariatric surgery is relativelyhigh in western countries, we offer advanced medical facilities and promising technology at a much lower price. Various factors play a role in determining the price of the surgical procedure in Nashik. Some of these include medical team, hospital, and patient dependent factors, based on whichthe cost could range anywhere between 2,00,000-4,50,000 rupees